Thursday, June 10, 2010

Creative Resume

Recently, I had to create an submit my resume for a job application. Of course a simple black and white resume was not going to cut it for me. It's a necessity for me to always have to make my resume stand out among the rest. Maybe that's because I feel that my work history just doesn't scream, "AWESOME DUDE! You gotta hire him." I spent days designing and redesigning my resume and portfolio. What I finally sent in wasn't what I really envisioned but I had to use what was at my disposal. Knowing what we have at our disposal and utilizing it to the best of it's ability is a key to designing on a budget. I created a 12 page booklet that was coil bound and used recycled pressed chip board as the front and back cover and spent $0 on printing. Was it the most amazing thing in print? No. But it looked good. You could tell that thought went in to each element of the booklet design. If I had the time and money I definitely would have chosen to create something different but sometimes using what you have is a great idea. If you are looking to be environmental, then by all means, use what you have. Be creative. Use toilet paper and hand write yourself a resume scroll. That would definitely stand out on the HR desk. Be creative, even if you aren't a designer by trade, creativity gets noticed.

Here are some amazing resume designs that will get your mind flowing...

25 Examples of Super Creative Resume Desgins







No comments:

Post a Comment